If you haven’t already thought about moving to an electronic document management system, here are valid reasons why you should.
- Reduced Storage Space: Mounds of paperwork can fill up precious office and storage space.
- Enhanced Security: Digital vs. hard copy paperwork eliminates the risk of confidential documentation getting into the wrong hands.
- Improved Compliance: Paper documents are difficult to track and monitor. The costs involved with non-compliance could be hefty.
- Easier and Faster Retrieval: Searching for documents can eat up productive hours with wasted time and resources.
- Better Collaboration: Sharing documents allows for more efficient time management.
The above reasons should prove that moving to an electronic document management system benefits staff, parents and your bottom line. There are various solutions out there so taking time evaluate what solution will work best for your school or district will be worthwhile.